Friday, December 24, 2010

My name is Natheera and I want to tell you about the mortar which is an essential tool for Bedouins. It is made from iron or wood; especially from the oak tree. The Bedouin use it for grinding the coffee beans and the cardamom. The aroma of the coffee is so sweet.  In the big ceremonies like wedding parties or any other occasion, Bedouin use it to make coffee and while grinding the coffee, the man produces beautiful sounds and music. Today the mortar is an integral part of the Bedouin folklore. The following link will show some of the sounds of the coffee grinder in a tourism tent.   But, the pictures are for the one I have at my house for my father and grandfather who uses it when he wants to make coffee.  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-fYE8P2oNc&feature=related



No comments:

Post a Comment