Friday, November 12, 2010

I would like to tell you more about my village Kseifa. It is located in the south of Israel in the Negev. It was established in 1982 when the Israeli government decided to build permanent villages for the Bedouin. The village is not far away from Arad city as you see in the map and only 30 minutes from Beer Sheva city.
 The village has many elementary schools and 2 high schools: Alfaroq High School and My school AMAL Abu Rabe'a Comprehensive School. My school was the first school in the Negev and the students came from all over the Negev to finish their education. My school is 39 years old. Most of the students in my school come from the unrecognized villages from around Kseifa village.
The village has 2 clinics but it has no public library or playgrounds or any public places where kids can play or spend time after school. Most of the people are unemployed and it is one of the highest percentages of poverty in Israel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment