Thursday, January 6, 2011

My name is Basel and this is my small brother who wears Bedouin clothes for my photo diary of this project. Also, there are pictures of one of my teachers and students in an activity we did at school about Bedouin traditions. I am going to write about the men clothes.

The atmosphere of the desert is too hot during the day and cold at night. Clothes are made to suit this weather. Old Bedouin men wear long dressing gown and it is usually gray. The Bedouin man covers his head with white scarf called "Kufeya". It is rolled around his head, or his neck and mouth to protect him from the blowing sand and the desert winds. Over the "elkufeya", a black braid called "ekal" o install on the head. The Bedouin also wear external coat and it is usually black or brown and embroidered with silver or golden thread on the sides. It is used as a coat, blanket or simply sit on it or use it for praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment